CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Proud to be an American!!!

Today we braved the crowds and went down to the Nation Mall! I am so proud to be an American! I am Proud have the opportunity to live in our Nation's Capitol...and have my children experience this lifestyle! Life is too short and I am so glad we made this move and have experienced this fabulous city!!! Memories my children and I will NEVER forget! This is a Historical Day! The 44th President will soon be sworn in, and I think it's awesome that we live here in D.C.! I wanted my children to see first hand what an Inauguration is like! REGARDLESS of MY political views...I took this an as excellent teaching opportunity! I am very open minded and want to teach that to my children...to always be respectful of others beliefs and views...EVEN if don't agree!!! It is a Historical Day! That's what makes The United States of AMERICA so GREAT!!!! God Bless our New President!!!!


The Potomac River ...Frozen!




It was so cold walking along the River!!

The Jefferson Memorial across from the Tidal Basin...also Frozen!


Mady has learned all about MLK in school this past week...so we took her to see his Memorial .


Police Motorcades were all over...Wonder who was in those Cars??



A Wreath placed at the MLK Memorial



This city is so beautiful!

Zach and Mady...check out the snow clouds coming in...


I never get tired of seeing them run along the mall...and the views around us!

Mady takes the stage!

The National Mall...Large T.V. screens lined the Mall from the Capitol to the Washington Monument!

This as close as we could get to the Capitol! I have never seen so many people! It was crazy! There was such an enthusiastic crowd...they were playing the concert from Sunday on the Jumbo T.V.'s! Music filled the air, and people sang along!

News Room were set up all along the National Mall...Anderson Cooper was reporting LIVE.

I have NEVER seen so many Potty's!!!!!

Daddy, Mady, and Zach playing Chase!!


What a Beautiful site!!



I am so PROUD of our MILITARY Men and Women!!!!

2 comments:

helen said...

Very neat!

The Venezia Party of 5 said...

I had a feeling you would be there. I was so wishing that we lived closer so the girls could experience this historic day!! Thanks for the post- we will live through you today. Mady and Zach will forever remember this day- the significance may take a few more years but what a great opportunity! So happy to see Peter enjoying the day too!! hugs.