CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

the best part about today...Coffee and Apple Tart

So today was one of those days!!! You know we all have them...so don't act like you don't!! I woke up...still not feeling good(this is the never ending virus), very annoyed at everyone and everything! Just to look at you would have annoyed me:) Much less adding 2 kids, that apparently either had a case of what I had...but for some reason my children don't have the ability (like humans) to just say...I am having a bad day, and need my space....OR...realized I had a short fuse and wanted to see what they could do to make me explode! This is horrible to even say...but, I will...just the mere sight of these creatures got to me today!

Usually, Peter...or I...if he is having one of these days, can balance each other out...but today was not that kind of day!

I know my not feeling good just made it so much worse...a person can only take so much loudness, complaining, whining, annoyingness(yes..it's a word)!

Peter offered to take them for a while...but, I did feel like getting out of the house would maybe help my mood...NOPE!

We had a miserable quick lunch out ...and then off to IKEA. This old, small house has minuscule closets...and the portable hanging closet we have collapsed the other day!

I walked in to IKEA...still listening to the unhappiness...when I saw a slice of heaven(well..o.k. that is an exaggeration) IKEAS kid area!!!!!! Peter had taken Zach to the potty and I had already made my way over to the line...THERE IS A GOD!! He asked what I was doing..."These 2 are going in here" We then locked eyes and SMILED!! Then these two creatures of mine stared up at me confused!! Zach was of course excited...Mady not so much "I don't want to go in THERE"! I don't care...I thought!

They have a 1 hour limit! After dropping them off we headed to see if they had what we needed...NO LUCK! Peter HATES crowds and shopping(or browsing)! But, it had only been 5 minutes of peace and quite and we weren't ready to go back to that crazy life! He said "You know I would never spend an hour in here, but today we will..want to go have a coffee and dessert" Does a bear shit in the woods? We sat together and enjoyed our coffee and dessert...kid free! Thanks IKEA!!

When we picked them up I was refreshed and actually happy to see them...for a Milli-second...here we go again...

2 comments:

Rebecca Barney said...

I absolutely relate to how you felt today!! So glad to see I am not the only one!!

helen said...

Does a bear shit in the woods?! You had me cracking up!! Hope your feeling better!! Guess next time i need a break, off to Ikea I will go!