CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Advent Day 5...Toy Drive

Zachary's pre-school is participating in a toy drive. On Wednesday of this week we saw they had put of the tree and choices of child and age. I was actually subbing for his teacher today and since Mady was at a friends playing, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to teach and share this experience with Zachary!

We went over to the tree to make a selection. I asked Zach if he wanted to buy for a girl or boy! Boy, 5 years old...it was! I explained to Zach that this little boy and his family were not as lucky as we are and we are helping them have a Happy Christmas! To which he replied"Why doesn't he just ask Santa if his Mommy and Daddy don't have extra money"? LOVE the innocence of CHILDREN!!
We then headed over to the toy store after explaining this was about the little boy we were buying for NOT for us! I asked him what he thought he wanted to buy for him. Zach immediately said"I know exactly what he will love, Mommy...A race car!!!"
We went into Child's Play and Zach picked his toy, a very cool race car. Zach has one and it is a huge hit at our house! After playing for a few minutes with all the cool display toys...we paid and we left WITHOUT a meltdown!

Today we are going to school and taking our gift in! Zach has keep the race car in his room for 2 days. I knew there might be a chance he would open this box...he didn't! I told him to go get his toy for the little Boy...here he is bringing it down!

And looking at it!!! Love this picture!

Zach placed his toy in the basket and ran in to class to tell Mrs. Apella what he did!! I am soooooooo PROUD of him!!!!!

No comments: