CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Advent Day 6...Oh Christmas Tree!

Today was a Lewchanin Family 1st! We drove out to Homestead Farm in Maryland
to choose and CUT our Own Christmas TREE!!!!! The boy's going to get a saw!


So many TRESS!!


Homestead Farm!

It was VERY cold! Perfect weather for Tree Picking!!

THIS IS IT!!!!! I gave the kids total control over picking our 2008 Family Tree! Not an easy feat for my type A personality! Only rules...remember it has to fit in our small living room!!


The kids had a blast running around!

The leader of the group! And ultimate decision maker...she did a fabulous job!




Daddy had a few helpers!






TIMBER!

Mady wanted to take my picture...too! I look like Rudolph...my nose was soooo cold!




Any away we go!



I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS FAMILY ADVENTURE!!!



While Mady and I stayed in the car trying to defrost...Daddy and Zach went in to pay and came out with treats!!! Warm Apple Cider and Caramel Apples! Could today get any better? YES!





The snacks were YUMMO! A perfect end to our day on the farm!! Thanks Daddy!








We drove home so excited not only because we were going to decorate our tree, but because it started snowing!!!!! Absolutely MAGICAL! As we decorated our tree by a cozy fire, listening to Christmas music, watching the delight in the kids eyes as they pulled out all the ornaments...we watched the snow fall outside!!!!




Every year since Mady was born, I have purchased a special ornament for the kids...usually one that reminds me of something special about them for that year, and I write them a letter, in it I write about their past year, why they are so special to me, and why I chose that ornament for them. One of my favorite thing this time of year is opening the ornaments and re-reading each letter! One day, I plan on giving each of them a box full of their special ornaments and letters to decorate their own tree!



Our Beautiful Tree!

3 comments:

Loraine said...

wow... aren't you just loving your new home state ~ amazing!!!

~ you look adorable with your red rudolph nose.

~ gracie and I have the same exact christmas stockings as you and Mady. (of course - great minds think alike!)

~ your ornament letters to the kids are the coolest.

Papa said...

The tree looks beautiful!! Bet the house SMELLS great, too; with a fresh cut tree!!
Sorry I never provided you with a childhood experience, such as cutting down our own Christmas tree....BUT we NEVER lived anywhere that grew them!!!

Papa said...

SAFETY VIOLATION--SAFETY VIOLATION

The Christmas tree cutting worker should have been wearing a hard hat, goggles and gloves while at work! I'm sure that the supervisor, Mr Zachary; let him slide in the spirit of the season!!