CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pestinos

One of my childhood Christmas memories is of my Mom making Pestinos! A traditional Spanish holiday pastry! They are a more savory dessert...ingredients are..flour, white wine, and olive oil seasoned with lemon and anise! Then you fry them and...drizzle with honey and sprinkle with powdered sugar...kinda like a donut! I haven't had one in over 20 years! So I researched for a recipe and wanted to attempt to make some. The smell as I made them almost made me cry...as I remembered my Mom making these every Christmas!




Want some Helen???????? They are so freaking YUMMO!!! My Dad and I ate the entire batch in 2 days!!! I'll make more on Christmas!

3 comments:

helen said...

Oh thanks for teasing me like that! Not only did you call me and tease me after you made them to tell me how good they are, but you post this on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papa said...

QUE BUENO!!!!!!!
The ONLY thing that wasn't original was that the wine didn't come from the Bodego El Gato in Rota! I was only more than happy to go to the "Gato" and get some vino for pestinos!! Sometimes when I went for vino I would stay a "little too late" and your Mom would give me some "time out"!!!
Don't tell that to Ethan or Zach!!

christyephillips said...

Yummy! What a great tradition to start up again! You guys look like you're having so much fun. We miss you Uncle Pete! Have a wonderful X-mas together!