CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Countdown to New York City

Every morning Zach asks if today we are riding the train to New York. So, Peter suggested we make a Countdown to New York chart...we had so much fun making it and talking about what we are each excited about seeing and doing! Peter is a huge Yankees fan and since this is their last year playing in Yankee Stadium, for Father's Day I got him tickets to see a final game in that stadium! We will be in New York for 4 days! Although I have visited this fabulous city several times with Peter, I am so excited to experience New York through my children's eyes!

The kids and I stayed home and literally played games all day...I had so much fun! Can I tell you how much we laughed playing Hullabaloo...a lot! During one of our many Hide-n-seek games, Mady and I were hiding behind her bed upstairs...after a while of wondering if Zach would ever find us (he walked upstairs looked in the room...from the door... and went back downstairs) we went down and found him watching Diego!!!! "Zach...?" we both said...he turned around and said "where were you guys? I looked everywhere for you...Diego's on Mannee!(how he says Mady) Such a guy!!

After dinner we went to Lafayette park...across the street from our house! Mady is mastering the monkey bars, and Zack enjoyed playing in the stream of water the Lily fountain makes! They both thought it was awesome that Mommy said it was o.k. for them to play in the Lily...even with their clothes on! Simply summer pleasures!




1 comment:

Loraine said...

We love New York too!!! I cannot wait to see your pictures.

Love the story about Hide-n-seek... We've never played that one with Nate. You've inspired me to give it a try!

The park pics are super. I always let my kids get wet too... it's just water. :-)