CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Flying High

This morning Miss Madyson used her knitting machine and knitted herself a beautiful purple scarf...she was so proud of herself and had so much fun doing it! She told me she was going to make me a scarf AND a hat for winter! I can't wait!


The kids and I spent the entire day outdoors! The weather was beautiful with cooler temps! ! Imagine the excitement of all the kids at Turtle park today when the Washington Police came by and gave out Popsicles!! Could a day at the park be any sweeter!!
Today, in Atlanta, many of my friends children started Kindergarten...I was sad! Sad I wasn't there to see them, and sad that my baby will start in 2 weeks! It's bittersweet...I feel like she is ending one part of her childhood and starting another! I know she is ready...hope I am!!! I plan on making the most of my next two weeks with my Mady!

Mady and Zach flew kites tonight for the first time! It was really fun!! They had a blast ...so did Peter and I! Having kids is awesome...you get to play, have fun, and relive your own childhood! I remember the time my sister Helen, my parents, and I went to the Mayport Jetties to fly kites! We teamed up to have a competition...whose kite could go the highest?! Helen and my Dad were doing pretty good, then my Mom's and my kite started to win, BUT...we forgot to tie our string at the end...and up and away went my kite!!! Officially, I won...RIGHT? My kite did go higher!!!





1 comment:

Loraine said...

The knitting machine is great... tell Mady that Gracie and I really like the scarf.

Wish we had a place to wear scarves, hats or even jackets...